I will be doing the 5K walk to raise funds for Grail Family Services (GFS), an organization in East San Jose that I have been serving on a consultant basis as Interim Executive Director for a little over a year now. And, of course, I'm asking for your support - Click here if you can pledge any amount of money to help our efforts.
GFS "fosters learning and the empowerment of vulnerable families with young children through the delivery of programs that educate, develop leadership skills, and build a sense of community." All GFS programs target parents and their young children ages 0-9, and are designed with community input to address the issues most important to the neighborhood. This approach enriches the child, as well as the parent, and helps them each on the path to success in school, in work, and in life.
Your sponsorship of my Human Race participation could mean:
- $25 – five new books for the GFS Children's Library.
- $50 – developmentally appropriate toys for GFS' child care program.
- $100 – case management services for one parent.
- $250 – four weeks of subsidized child care services for one low-income toddler.
- $1,000 – eight weeks of literacy services to boost the reading skills of one child.