A strong tagline does double-duty -- working to extend your organization's name and mission, while delivering a focused, memorable and repeatable message to your base. It's one of your most basic, and effective, marketing tools, but the 2008 GettingAttention.org survey showed that 72% of nonprofit organizations don't have a tagline or rate theirs as performing poorly.The deadline for entry is July 31 - just over a week from now - so put this on your to-do list for today! (And be sure to follow the selection process on Twitter, too).
Take 3 minutes now to enter your nonprofit's tagline here (http://is.gd/19skW). All entrants will receive a free copy of the fully-updated 2009 Nonprofit Tagline Report in late 2009. It's the only complete guide to building your org's brand in 8 words or less -- filled with how-tos, don't-dos and models.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
One Week Left to Tagline Victory!
Yes, you have one more week to enter your nonprofit organization's tagline into the 2009 Getting Attention Nonprofit Tagline Awards. Yes, the tagline awards! Nancy Schwartz of the Getting Attention blog hosts these online awards each year to recognize the best taglines as means of motivating nonprofits to focus on the basics (e.g. powerful, distinctive, succinct messaging) in their marketing efforts.
- About Grant Writing Fees & Commissions
- How Much Should Board Members Give?
- How Many Board Members?
- Joining a Nonprofit Board of Directors: The Why and How of It
- The Engaged Board Member
- Posting annual reports online and donor poachers
- LinkedIn Launches Board Connect Service
- How do you allocate overhead costs?
- An inspirational quote...
- Multichannel Communications - Management & Tips