Sunday, October 02, 2016
Challenges of an Interim Executive Director
Several weeks ago I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Kirsten Bullock for her Nonprofit Leaders Network podcast. The conversation turned quickly to my experiences over the years as an Interim Executive Director.
Whether your organization is thinking of using an Interim ED, or whether you are a consultant thinking of getting into this sort of work, I hope you will find some advice in this conversation that will help you navigate the relationship successfully.
We talked about staff and board relationships, priority setting, advice gathering, communications, self-care, and the million other considerations to think about when entering into an Interim situation.
Kirsten asked great questions, and the time on the phone with her passed quickly. And she sent me a nice box of cookies when it was all over.
You can listen to our interview, as well as other great podcasts, at the Nonprofit Leaders Network website.
- About Grant Writing Fees & Commissions
- How Much Should Board Members Give?
- How Many Board Members?
- Joining a Nonprofit Board of Directors: The Why and How of It
- The Engaged Board Member
- Posting annual reports online and donor poachers
- LinkedIn Launches Board Connect Service
- How do you allocate overhead costs?
- Multichannel Communications - Management & Tips
- An inspirational quote...