This posting is a bit personal, as well as nonprofit related. A friend of mine lost his infant son a year ago to SIDS. While the family had insurance that covered the expenses of putting his son to rest, what they learned through the process was how many families are completely unprepared for such a tragedy.
In living memory of their son, he and his wife have now founded the Angelcheeks Foundation, to make grants to families in need, and to education on issues surrounding Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
Below, you will see a video by the family and their friends (yes, I'm in there somewhere) that was released today to promote the foundation. Please watch it, and if you are half as moved by it as I was, please consider donating.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
- About Grant Writing Fees & Commissions
- How Much Should Board Members Give?
- How Many Board Members?
- Joining a Nonprofit Board of Directors: The Why and How of It
- The Engaged Board Member
- Posting annual reports online and donor poachers
- LinkedIn Launches Board Connect Service
- How do you allocate overhead costs?
- The Five Stages of Nonprofit Board Fundraising
- Multichannel Communications - Management & Tips